A prominent figure in the cannabis industry, Tristan Gervais is Europe’s leading Cannabis Investment Banker, having closed 7 deals in the sector worth USD$239m. He has been instrumental in advising and financing leading companies in the European cannabis industry.
1. Closed £17m Series A for EMMAC Life Sciences at a £78m post money valuation in March 2019.
2. Closed largest ever UK MMJ M&A transaction at the time, the c.£115m sale of UK Bridge Farm Group to Nasdaq listed, Canadian LP, Sundial Growers Inc. in July 2019.
3. Closed USD$19m Capital Raise and Strategic Partnership with a European Medical Cannabis Group for Brains Bioceutical Corporation in December 2019.
4. Closed £15m Convertible Loan Note for EMMAC Life Sciences in December 2020.
5. Closed £14.5m Convertible Loan Note for Northern Leaf Limited in March 2021.
6. Closed £2.3m Convertible Loan Note for CiiTECH Limited in July 2021.
7. Closed £7.5m financing and concurrent dual-list on AQSE for Yooma Wellness Inc in August 2021.
With over 20 years’ Investment Banking experience, Tristan joined Chrystal Capital as Head of Cannabis Advisory in July 2020. Chrystal Capital Cannabis Advisory has advised on USD$459m of deals for 9 cannabis companies over the last 5 years.
Tristan has developed a deep network of Cannabis investors, companies and advisors and has been widely quoted in the press on the emergence of cannabis as an asset class.
Tristan is a trustee of the Sapphire Medical Foundation, the charitable division of Sapphire Medical Clinics, the UK’s highest quality Medical Cannabis Clinic. He is also a Co-Founder of First Wednesdays, the European Cannabis Professional Network.
Tristan Gervais was previously the Head of Canaccord Genuity’s European Medical Cannabis Investment Banking team, which he founded in July 2018.