The HEMP Biz Conference
With the passage of the U.S. 2018 Farm Bill, the hemp industry is growing at an explosive rate. Serious gaps in the supply chain offer many opportunities for both established business and entrepreneurs to develop profitable ventures. Join NCIA and The Hemp Biz Conference for a comprehensive day of hemp business education to set your business of for success.
In this pre-summit workshop, attendees will learn business implications of the 2018 U.S. Farm Bill, explore a case study of state-level hemp programs in California and Colorado as well as gain understanding on all areas of the nascent industry from farming, processing, product manufacturing, marketing CBD products to opportunities in the next wave of hemp growth: industrial applications.
Full Agenda Here
- Understand how the passage of the 2018 U.S. Farm Bill opens the creation of an entirely new industry.
- Explore current hemp market trends and industrial hemp’s potential impact in revitalizing the U.S. agricultural and manufacturing economy.
- Gain knowledge from a farmer with three years of experience cultivating hemp in two different climates.
- Explore the development of the Cannabidiol product manufacturing industry, including three hot CBD trends to implement into your product development strategy.
- Identify and avoid compliance issues regarding marketing your Cannabidiol products, including developing FDA compliant product labeling and marketing claims for nutraceuticals.
- Understand opportunities in hemp beyond CBD: fiber, food, and industrial applications.
- Assess if investing or becoming involved in the hemp industry is right for your business.
- Bring your questions for this interactive, engaging crash course in propelling your hemp business forward.
Christie Lunsford, CEO, The Hemp Biz Conference
David Wunderlich, Senior Attorney, McCallister Garfield
Steven Turetsky, Managing Director, SHI Farms
Eileen Konieczny, RN & Founder, Olive’s Branch
Claire Kaufmann, Director of Client Services, Brightfield Group
Ian Terry, CEO, Cannaissance Creative
Andrew Kline, Director of Public Policy, National Cannabis Industry Association